PanelHopper Reviews: Annihilation Classic Collection

The Marvel universe is massive and, while i has hundreds of characters to choose from, the majority of their stories still revolve around the members of their core groups The Avengers, The X-men and The Fantastic Four. Make no mistake I love these characters but I am also a fan of those characters who inhabit the fringes of the Marvel universe, defending it from attack by enemies too powerful for earth's heroes. These characters, such as The Silver Surfer or Nova, rare feature in the day-to-day adventures of Marvel's heroes but, when they do become involved, often have a more important role to play than many of the main characters.

Annihilation Classic collects together the origin stories of several of Marvel's lesser known cosmic characters, such as Adam Warlock, Nova and Quasar. While I had come across references to some of these characters before, some where entirely new to me and I had never read any of their origins.

What surprised me the most about some of these characters was how interesting they were. Their origins, often linked with deep space, were far more enjoyable than the average tale and it occurred to that Marvel should perhaps spend some time reintroducing these characters to a new audience, especially since they are so eager to do that in their films and will soon run out of films to make.

All in all, with the exception of Rocket Raccoon, I have found myself falling for these characters, I hope to see more of them in the future.

Til Next Time,

Panelhopper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Werid Leicester: An outlaw legacy

It's all about image

Kick Ass is...Well, kick ass!